Full-time, 1 year contract position
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Lead will strengthen our ability to become more approachable and relevant to diverse populations living with epilepsy. This position will play a leadership role in achieving a key pillar of our Strategic Plan: to ensure equity, diversity, and inclusivity in all agency functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit people with a variety of lived experience to sit on an Advisory Committee for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiative.
- Review and revise agency policies and procedures, ensuring inclusive language, and removing systemic barriers.
- Review agency services to ensure programs are equitable and meet the needs of our diverse clientele.
- Review and revise agency materials to ensure they are safe, welcoming, and appropriate.
- Develop and distribute inclusive and welcoming outreach materials.
- Coordinate comprehensive training for staff and leadership of the organization.
- Develop and foster partnerships with diversity seeking communities.
- Post secondary degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. Equity Studies, Social Science, Human Rights, Humanities) or equivalent combination of education and related professional experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Commitment to supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion for all equity-seeking communities.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Experience and skills in community outreach and intervention programs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to facilitate sensitive conversations with tact and diplomacy.
Please submit resume/cover letter by 4pm June 22, 2023, to [email protected].