Seize the Day Your Way!
The 6th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy!
On Sunday, September 25, 2022 Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) will host its 6th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk in Windsor at Malden Park to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Registration at 9:00am, Run starts at 10:30am.
If you’re unable to join us in person consider joining us virtually by walking/running September 23-25, 2022. We will kick off the weekend event virtually with celebrations on Facebook Live.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a causal walker… everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone! Let’s make every step count.
Countdown until Seize the Day
Malden Park, 4200 Malden Rd, Windsor, ON N9C 0C5
Beautiful 175-acre park located off Huron Line. Accessible via public transportation if necessary.
The health and safety of our participants remain our top priority. Health regulations will be in place for all in-person events to ensure a safe environment for everybody participating.
Unable to join us in person? Join us for a Virtual Run/Walk
Need motivation to get started?
- Fundraise $100 and your registration fee will be waived.
- Fundraising reward: collect $150 or more by August 24, 2022 and receive a free event t-shirt.
- All registrants will receive a virtual run bag following the event.
- Visit our “I’m Walking for Wall” and share a picture and your reason for participating.
Visit our Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/epilepsyswo/
Find fundraising resources here.
Registration and Fees
- Online registration does not include the race fees, these must be paid via mail, etransfer, at the event or in person at our main office (797 York St. Unit 3 London, ON).
- Register in advance for $20 or at the event for $25. Virtual participation is free.
- Submit $100 in pledges and your registration fee will be waived.
- Receive a free t-shirt and have your registration fee waived if you submit $150 or more in pledges.
- Registration fees and incentives apply to each individual member of the team.
- In-person participation is free for those under 17 years of age.
- Offline pledge forms are available here. Please ensure all cheques are made payable to Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario.
If you receive offline funds (cash/cheques), these can be submitted to our head office or by etransfer.
Please note that all cheques need to be made payable to Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario. If tax receipts are required for donations, please fill out the pledge form with a legible mailing address and full name.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Collect $150 in pledges by August 24, 2022 and you will receive a free event t-shirt. Must select size when registering.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT T-SHIRTS
- Each participant will receive only ONE t-shirt if they reach the $150 goal.
- Team donations will not count towards individual prizing, so please plan accordingly. If you're a team captain, ensure each of your teammates are reaching the $150 goal if they'd like an event t-shirt.
- T-shirts will be available at Malden Park for pickup the day of the event, or advanced pickup locations TBD. More information to come.
Didn’t reach your fundraising goal, but you would still like a t-shirt? No problem! Order your event t-shirt ($20 – $25 each) here no later than August 24, 2022.
Are you running or walking in memory or support of someone? Submit a photo on our “I’m Walking For Wall” to share your reason.
Other Ways You Can Support
We can always use prize or raffle donations from local businesses if you can think of anyone who would like to support. Or if you know of any businesses that may be interested in sponsoring the event, please connect with [email protected] and we can share our Sponsorship Package.
Downloadable Event Resources and Activities
A beginner's 5K training plan on a one-month calendar for you to get started.
Need fundraising ideas? We've put some great ideas together to get you started.
Print off this pledge form to record any offline donations you collect.
Share this poster to encourage others to join.
Instructions on how to set up your Race Roster fundraising page.
We've created pre-written posts and graphics for you to share on social media.
Use this resource if you are interested in organizing a team for the event.
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices.
A nature-inspired scavenger hunt for your family to do while you walk.
A scavenger hunt for your family to do while you walk in your own neighbourhood.
We've created a pump-up playlist for you to listen to while you walk/run! Let us know if there's a song you want us to add!