Seize the Day Your Way!
The 5th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy Virtually!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) Windsor will host its 5th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk virtually this year. Walk/Run in your community from Friday, September 24, 2021 to Sunday, September 26, 2021 and join us for our Opening and Closing Ceremonies to celebrate.
Even though we have chosen to host the event virtually, the goal is the same… to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a causal walker… everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone!
Need motivation to get started?
- Fundraise $150 or more by August 30, 2021 and receive a free event t-shirt;
- All registrants will receive a virtual run bag following the event;
- Raise $500 in pledges and get entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card.
- Prizes available for top fundraisers and best team uniform;
- Visit our “I’m Walking for Wall” and share a picture and your reason for participating.
Visit our Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/epilepsyswo/
How This Year's Event Will Work
- Register your team (waived registration fee this year).
- Collect pledges from your friends and family. Incentives for reaching $150 or $500 goal – see t-shirt and prize info below.
- Submit a photo on our “I’m Walking for Wall” to share your reason for walking/running.
- Download your “I'm Walking For” sign.
- Mark your calendar to tune into the Opening Ceremony via Facebook Live on Friday, September 24, 2021, at 6 pm.
- Complete your 2.5K Walk/5K Run and share your photos with us by tagging @epilepsyswo on social media or emailing [email protected].
- Download a generic participant certificate or print your own personalized certificate once you submit your results on Race Roster.
- Celebrate with us! Join us for the Closing Ceremony via Facebook live on Sunday, September 26, 2021, at 4 pm. Total raised, and prize winners will be announced.
Countdown until Seize the Day Windsor
New this year, we’re hosting an online silent auction in support of our Annual Seize the Day Event. This auction is just one way we can raise funds to help provide support and educational services for individuals and families affected by epilepsy.
We appreciate you sharing the auction once it goes live with your family and friends, plus, be sure to get your bids in! Auction closes following our Walk/Run at 7 pm on Sunday, September 26.
Collect $150 in pledges by August 30, 2021, and you will receive a free event t-shirt. Must select size when registering.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT T-SHIRTS
- Each participant will receive only ONE t-shirt if they reach the $150 goal.
- Team donations will not count towards individual prizing, so please plan accordingly. If you're a team captain, ensure each of your teammates are reaching the $150 goal if they'd like an event t-shirt.
- Predetermined pick up locations TBD. Please contact [email protected] if pickup locations do not work.
Didn’t reach your fundraising goal, but you would still like a t-shirt? No problem! Order your event t-shirt ($20 – $25 each) here no later than August 30, 2021. Predetermined pick up locations TBD. Shipping available at cost to participants.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Team Captain with the most participants
- Team Captain with the highest team pledges
- Top individual pledge earner
- Top individual pledge earner, Windsor
- Best themed team uniform
Note: Prizes awarded will be varying gift cards in value of $100. To be eligible for the above prizes you need to submit your pledges and money to our office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Our office is by appointment only so please schedule an appointment to drop off during our office hours. If you need to drop off outside of office hours, please email [email protected] to arrange an alternative drop off time.
Set Your Goal at $500
Collect $500 in pledges by Thursday, September 24 and you will get entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card!
Other Ways You Can Support
We can always use prize or raffle donations from local businesses if you can think of anyone who would like to support. Or if you know of any businesses that may be interested in sponsoring the event, please connect with [email protected] and we can share our Sponsorship Package.
Downloadable Event Resources and Activities
A beginner’s 5K training plan on a one-month calendar for you to get started.
Need fundraising ideas? We’ve put some great ideas together to get you started.
Print off this pledge form to record any offline donations you collect.
Share this poster to encourage others to join.
Instructions on how to set up your Race Roster fundraising page.
We’ve created pre-written posts and graphics for you to share on social media.
Use this resource if you are interested in organizing a team for the event.
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices.
A nature-inspired scavenger hunt for your family to do while you walk.
A scavenger hunt for your family to do while you walk in your own neighbourhood.
We've created a pump-up playlist for you to listen to while you walk/run! Let us know if there's a song you want us to add!
Howe Fitness & Cymbolism