Seize the Day Your Way!
The 8th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy Virtually!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) will host its 8th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk virtually this year. Walk/Run in your community from Friday, September 24, 2021 to Sunday, September 26, 2021 and join us for our Opening and Closing Ceremonies to celebrate.
Even though we have chosen to host the event virtually, the goal is the same… to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a causal walker… everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone!
How This Year’s Event Will Work
- Register your team (waived registration fee this year).
- Collect pledges from your friends and family. Incentives for reaching $150 or $500 goal – see more info about t-shirt and prizes here.
- Submit a photo on our “I’m Walking for Wall” to share your reason for walking/running.
- Download your “I’m Walking For” sign.
- Mark your calendar to tune into the Opening Ceremony via Facebook Live on Friday, September 24, 2021, at 6 pm.
- Complete your 2.5K Walk/5K Run and share your photos with us by tagging @epilepsyswo on social media or emailing [email protected].
- Download a generic participant certificate or print your own personalized certificate once you submit your results on Race Roster.
- Celebrate with us! Join us for the Closing Ceremony via Facebook live on Sunday, September 26, 2021, at 4 pm. Total raised, and prize winners will be announced.