On Your Marks…Get Set…Go: 6th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy!
On Sunday, September 29, 2019, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) will host its 6th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk in London at Graham Family Eco Park our new location to raise funds for epilepsy education, support and community engagement programs for local communities in Southwestern Ontario. This fun filled family event will include a run and walk, followed by a community BBQ. Start time: 10:30am.
The Seize the Day 2.5k Walk & 5k Run supports individuals, families and members of the community affected by seizure disorders and epilepsy. Whether you are walking to honour someone who passed away from a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy and seizure disorders, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. Whether you run marathons, or just enjoy the casual walk, everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year.
Registration and Fees
- Online registration does not include the race fees, these must be paid via mail, at the event or at or in person at 797 York Street, Unit 3 London, ON
- Register in advance for $20 or at the event for $25
- The event is free for any individual submitting at least $100 in pledges
- Receive a free t-shirt and have your registration fee waived if you submit $150 or more in pledges
- Run and walk is free for those under 17 years of age
- Please ensure all cheques are made payable to Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario
Happening This Year
- 2.5k walkers will complete two laps of the trail and 5k runners will complete four laps.
- Beat the lines! Pre-register, drop off your pledges and pickup your t-shirts in advance. ESWO will be hosting two pre-registration days on Thursday, September 26 or Friday, September 27 from 4:30-6:30pm.
- Custom Buttons: Pre-order your personalized buttons for $5 to pick up at the event or at pre-registration. Group deals are available. Please submit your order and photos to: [email protected]
- Would you like to run or walk in memory or support of somebody? Send your “I’m Walking For” pictures to [email protected]
- We will be selling raffle tickets ($2 each or 3 for $5) to win some fantastic prizes!
Join the event on Facebook and follow along with updates.
Walk as a Team
- Register as a team! Teams must have a minimum of 4 people and must register in advance
- Registration fees and incentives apply to each individual member of the team. (to receive a t-shirt each team member must collect $150 in pledges)
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact [email protected] for more information for you or your business!