March is Epilepsy Awareness Month! For the sixth year, we’re excited to launch #THEPURPLEDOOR2024 campaign! We invite teachers, parents, students and schools to raise epilepsy awareness in their school board.
Submit a photo of your decorated classroom door between March 1st 2024 and March 31st 2024 and be entered in to win a PURPLE PRIZE for your class. With your submission, your class will be entered into a draw. Be sure to share your photo using the hashtag #THEPURPLEDOOR2024 on social media. On Wednesday April 10, 2024, Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario will announce which class from each school board has been randomly selected to win the purple prize and a classroom presentation!
Classes or homerooms from both elementary and secondary school boards are invited to participate. With each submission the class will receive an Epilepsy Awareness Month poster and epilepsy fact sheet.
Note: If you are unable to decorate a door in your school, consider using a bulletin board or chalk board.
A class from each of the following school boards will win a PURPLE PRIZE:
- Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board
- Bluewater District School Board
- Avon Maitland District School Board
- Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board
- Thames Valley District School Board
- London District Catholic School Board
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- Private schools in Southwestern Ontario
- Lambton Kent District School Board
- St. Clair Catholic District School Board
- Greater Essex County District School Board
- Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board
For more information, please contact [email protected].
Example photos below:
Book an Epilepsy Awareness Month Thinking About Epilepsy classroom presentation!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario provides “Thinking About Epilepsy" classroom and school presentations. Presentations educate students about epilepsy and helps make the classroom a more welcoming environment for children living with epilepsy or seizure disorders. The Classroom Presentation will give age appropriate information about the brain, what a seizure is and what to do if someone has a seizure. Depending on the grade level, the presentation will be between 20 and 45 minutes. All presentations require access to a SMARTboard or computer, speakers and data projector.
Book with a local educator or by emailing [email protected].
Thinking of adding a fundraiser to your Epilepsy Awareness Campaign??
Consider one of the following ideas to raise money for Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario.
- A dress down day ($2 per person)
- Set up a bake sale
- Raise pledges to dye your hair purple
- Thumbs Up for Epilepsy – set up a booth to paint thumbnails purple while collecting donations from participants.
- Activity Marathon
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS:
We ask that you email your photo(s) to be entered into the draw for the purple prize to [email protected].
Note: Please include the following information for each door that is submitted in the email (if one teacher submits multiple for the school, just make sure it’s clear which door is for which class/teacher).
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Phone Number
- School Name
- Classroom or Homeroom Teacher Name