Seize the Day Windsor
September 24 @ 8:00 AM - September 26 @ 4:00 PM
Seize the Day Your Way!
The 5th Annual Seize the Day Event Takes on Epilepsy Virtually!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) Windsor will host its 5th Annual Seize the Day 5k Run / 2.5k Walk virtually this year. Walk/Run in your community from Friday, September 24, 2021 to Sunday, September 26, 2021 and join us for our Opening and Closing Ceremonies to celebrate.
Even though we have chosen to host the event virtually, the goal is the same… to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a causal walker… everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone!
Need motivation to get started?
- Fundraise $150 or more by August 30, 2021 and receive a free event t-shirt;
- All registrants will receive a virtual run bag following the event;
- Raise $500 in pledges and get entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card.
- Prizes available for top fundraisers and best team uniform;
- Visit our “I’m Walking for Wall” and share a picture and your reason for participating.
Visit our Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/epilepsyswo/
How This Year’s Event Will Work
- Register your team (waived registration fee this year).
- Collect pledges from your friends and family. Incentives for reaching $150 or $500 goal – see t-shirt and prize info below.
- Submit a photo on our “I’m Walking for Wall” to share your reason for walking/running.
- Download your “I’m Walking For” sign.
- Mark your calendar to tune into the Opening Ceremony via Facebook Live on Friday, September 24, 2021, at 6 pm.
- Complete your 2.5K Walk/5K Run and share your photos with us by tagging @epilepsyswo on social media or emailing [email protected].
- Download a generic participant certificate or print your own personalized certificate once you submit your results on Race Roster.
- Celebrate with us! Join us for the Closing Ceremony via Facebook live on Sunday, September 26, 2021, at 4 pm. Total raised, and prize winners will be announced.
Collect $150 in pledges by August 30, 2021, and you will receive a free event t-shirt. Must select size when registering.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT T-SHIRTS
Each participant will receive only ONE t-shirt if they reach the $150 goal.
Team donations will not count towards individual prizing, so please plan accordingly. If you’re a team captain, ensure each of your teammates are reaching the $150 goal if they’d like an event t-shirt.
Predetermined pick up locations TBD. Please contact [email protected] if pickup locations do not work.
Didn’t reach your fundraising goal, but you would still like a t-shirt? No problem! Order your event t-shirt ($20 – $25 each) here no later than August 30, 2021. Predetermined pick up locations TBD. Shipping available at cost to participant.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Team Captain with the most participants
- Team Captain with the highest team pledges
- Top individual pledge earner, London
- Top individual pledge earner, Windsor
- Best themed team uniform
Note: Prizes awarded will be varying gift cards in value of $100. To be eligible for the above prizes you need to submit your pledges and money to our office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Our office is by appointment only so please schedule an appointment to drop off during our office hours. If you need to drop off outside of office hours, please email [email protected] to arrange an alternative drop off time.
Set Your Goal at $500
Collect $500 in pledges by Thursday, September 24 and you will get entered into a draw to win a $50 gift card!
- Set up your fundraising page by clicking here for instructions: Set Up Fundraising
- Share the following poster to encourage others to join: Poster
- Download our social media toolkit with pre-written posts and graphics for you to share.
- Looking for fundraising tips? We have put together some great ideas for you here.
- Download and print our pledge form for offline donations.
- We have created a Team Captain’s Kit for those who are interested in organizing a team for the event.
I’m Walking For
Are you running or walking in memory or support of someone? Submit a photo on our “I’m Walking For Wall” to share your reason.
Other Ways You Can Support
We can always use prize or raffle donations from local businesses if you can think of anyone who would like to support. Or if you know of any businesses that may be interested in sponsoring the event, please connect with [email protected] and we can share our Sponsorship Package.