Seize the Day Windsor
September 12 @ 8:30 AM - September 27 @ 11:30 PM
On Your Marks…Get Set…Go: The 4th Annual Seize the Day Windsor Goes Virtual!
Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario (ESWO) kicks off the 4th Annual Seize the Day Windsor 5k Run / 2.5k Walk on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
Even though we have been forced to host the event virtually, the goal is the same….to raise funds to provide support and educational services for people living with epilepsy, their families and their communities throughout Southwestern Ontario.
Whether you are participating to honour someone you sadly lost to a seizure, supporting those affected by epilepsy, or want to help raise awareness, we invite you to join us for this special occasion. If you are a marathon runner, a leisurely jogger or a casual walker…everyone is welcome to participate! We hope you can join us and help make this annual event even bigger this year to show people living with epilepsy that they are not alone!
Visit our Facebook page for regular updates: https://www.facebook.com/epilepsyswo/
How It Works
A virtual run is a race that can be run (walked or in a wheelchair/stroller) from any location you choose. You get to create your own route, participate at your own pace and time it yourself (if you so desire). You have from September 12 – 27, 2020 to complete your 2.5 or 5K.
- Register your team (waived registration fee this year)
- Order your event t-shirt ($20 – $25 each) no later than August 7, 2020, if desired (no delivery – predetermined pick up locations in London and Windsor only).
- Collect pledges from your friends and family.
- Download your “I am walking for” sign. Download coming soon.
- Mark your calendar to tune into the Opening Ceremony via Facebook Live or our YouTube live stream on Saturday, September 12, 2020, at 10 a.m.
- Have your team complete your walk or run between the specified time period (take lots of pictures and tag us on social media…let’s see your purple!)
- Download your participant certificate: Coming Soon
- Celebrate with us! Join us for the Closing Ceremony via Facebook live or YouTube live stream on Sunday, September 27, 2020, at 4 pm. Total raised and prize winners will be announced.
Walk as a Team
- Register as a team! Teams must have a minimum of 4 people and must register in advance