ESWO would like to thank our amazing volunteers, donors and sponsors for their support of our Chatham-Kent Drive Thru Ribfest held June 11-13, 2021. Your generosity made this event a resounding success! This tasty event hosted 2,300 vehicles and included three rib vendors (Boss Hog’s, Ribs Royale BBQ, and Silver Bullet BBQ). We’re excited to announce that we raised approximately $43,920 to help provide support and educational services to families living with epilepsy in the Chatham-Kent community.
Thank you again to all involved!
View photos from the event.
Be sure to tag us with @epilepsyswo in any photos you share of your favorite ribs on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
Thank You To Our Generous Sponsors!
Prime Ribber Sponsors
Full Rack Sponsor
3/4 Rack Sponsors
1/2 Rack Sponsors
Riverside Icecream, Marble Slab Creamery
Real Canadian Superstore – Chatham, Dean & Barbara's No Frills, Rona Chatham, Russolo Physiotherapy Clinic, Junctura Group Construction, Arctic Glacier Ice, Sobeys (Chatham & Blenheim locations), John McGregor Secondary School, Portable Storage – Chatham
Driving at the Drive Thru Ribfest Event
Participants are asked to approach the Drive Thru Ribfest from the east so that they can turn LEFT into the eastern most entrance off the Memorial Arena Parking Lot off Tweedsmuir Ave, thus avoiding crossing over traffic. Participants, remaining in their cars, will follow in a single file, where they will split into several lanes. Each lane will lead to one of the three Rib Trucks. The Rib Truck personal will safely take the order and deliver the food to the participant's vehicle. Participants will then drive around the arena and exit from the west of the Arena building. Participants will then turn LEFT on to Tweedsmuir Ave again to avoid crossing over traffic flow.
Once at the Drive Thru Ribfest Event
Entrance to the event site is by donation. Donations will be taken at the gate, along with drink orders. The participants will purchase their rib orders from the Rib Vendors once they reach the preferred Rib Truck.
The Ribber’s menus will be posted at the gate and online, as well a written menu will be given to all vehicles. There will be no walk-up traffic as all participants will be required to be in a vehicle.
Ribbers accept all forms of payment.
Someone from the rib team will safely approach your car to take your order. Payments can be processed by credit, debit and cash.
We take the safety of our volunteers, vendors and guests very seriously. Unfortunately, that means for this event, we cannot serve guests who are not in a vehicle. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Yes, entry to the event will be by donation and will be collected at the gate by ESWO volunteers. All funds raised will be used to help support programming in the Chatham-Kent area for the individuals living with epilepsy and their families.
For the sake of traffic flow and efficiency, we ask that you only choose one rib vendor to order from.
- The event will comply with all health and safety standards and recommendations as set out by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent and Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit.
- Vendors/volunteers will be screened for COVID-19, confirming they:
- Have no symptoms (e.g. fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)..
- Have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has.
- Have not been in contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- Food vendors and volunteers should respect and follow all Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit and provincial COVID-19 guidelines to protect themselves and our guests:
- self-isolating immediately if you have returned from travel outside Canada, are sick, or if required for other reasons.
- wear a face covering.
- physical distancing, including keeping 2-metres (the length of a hockey stick) from people outside your designated household.
- washing your hands or using hand sanitizer with 70% alcohol content.
- avoiding touching your eye, nose, and mouth.
- cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched surfaces regularly.